Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My First Cake in the Wilton's Cake Decorating Course 1

So this was a fun cake to make, and it took longer than I thought.  What I learned?  I'm very slow and meticulous, which I suppose is partially a good thing, but I'm hoping with practice I can speed up.  It's a three layer cake, and I used my baking strips to help keep it even on top.  It's all buttercream icing, with the different consistencies.  I learned a lot tonight and it was really fun!  I can't wait to keep learning more.

On this particular cake I used a cookie cutter for the flower impression, then piped it and used the star tip to fill.  Now the leaves... well we didn't learn how to do it tonight, I just took it upon myself to do it, as it needed leaves.  I also smoothed the buttercream icing using a small 4 inch foam roller, from Home Depot.

No comments: