Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Final Cake in Wilton's Cake Course 1

So this was my final cake for Course 1.  We had to do roses, which is tricky, and I still need lots of practise, but here you go.  I made a vanilla cake, a cake mix plus a cake extender recipe, which had sour cream in it.  I really liked the recipe as it gave it a nice flavour and made the cake denser, so this time it didn't just fall apart. 

Also it made the cake bigger, as you can see, and after I put the roses on top I had a feeling that the cover for my cake carrier was going to crush the flowers.  Sure enough I noticed that is exactly what was happening, so I removed the lid, and took a picture with my phone.  This is why the picture isn't as nice as it could've been.

Next time I'll just fill my 8 inch, 2 inch deep pans, with three cups of batter each, instead of four.  :)

No comments: